KEEPING IT SIMPLE. Words and images to document the ordinary, the detail and the minutiae of life.

91


The vet was thorough and the dreaded words
'cruciate ligament' were mentioned.
Athough no surgery, just yet.

Bryn is not allowed to have any walks for 6-8 weeks.
NO WALKS.
He is not allowed to play with any of his indoor dog toys.
NO TOYS.
He is not allowed to chase Magpies in the garden.
NO CHASING MAGPIES.
He is not allowed to play with the foot ball.
NO FOOTALL.
No Frisby, no tennis ball.
NO FRISBY, NO TENNIS BALL.
This dog is a very, very
BORED DOG.


We are half way through the first week. He is going stir crazy, I am going bonkers. We have a half acre garden, he usually patrols the fencelines, when I am digging drops a ball at my feet, chases birds, brings me sticks to throw. He does not like being confined to the carport area. He hears the possums come out of the roof space every evening and I will not let him out to bark at them and jump up at the trees. I have no one to motivate me to go for a walk every morning! His routines are shot, so are mine. We are trying to be kind to each other.